As of today, I’ve officially finished my first semester in my grad program.
As of today, I’m boarding a plane and celebrating the upcoming wedding of a treasured friend with a bachelorette party in Miami!
And as of today, I’m on summer vacation mode! Well, not really… I mean, I’m still working 9-5 but I don’t have summer school and I’m looking forward to tons of trips and travel till September. Despite the stress of the last week, there were some great things that happened: all the students in my beginner/intermediate classes managed some major milestones—it’s always such a rush (as an instructor) when you see people nail strong, graceful, controlled inverts and see them conquering (or taking steps to conquer) their fears. And the boy and I celebrated a milestone in our relationship too, which was a nice little interlude from the papers I had to write.
I’m a little astonished at how quickly this year has been flying by. I know they say that as you get older, time seems to pass even more quickly, but seriously!
I’ve decided to put together a (short) list of things I want to do for myself for this summer, to make sure that I don’t get too caught up in any one thing, especially since I’m flying around and teaching a lot.
- Take a bike ride through park with the boyfriend for a picnic. Get a basket to put Bella in so she can come with (she’s 12, and too much running is tough on her now)!
- Be able to do ten pull ups (with perfect form) in a row, so I can start working on muscle ups!
- Read up on functional anatomy to prep for my grad course in the fall and possibly prepare for a personal training certification program
- Spend a day playing hooky from work riding rollercoasters all day at Six Flags with my girls—did this last year and it was BEYOND awesome.
- Take MORE PICTURES! Of everything. I am horrible at doing this and I’m hoping that ten years from now I don’t look back and regret it.
Monday’s post: Flight Club Showcase!…